Glenn is the Managing Director of Alexander Symonds and as one of Australia’s most experienced licensed surveyors is responsible for the vision of the company, its projects and over 100 staff across offices in SA and Victoria. With extensive expertise in all areas of surveying, Glenn has worked on a host of major land development projects at an operational and management level, including Golden Grove, Mawson Lakes, Craigburn Farm, Westwood and Seaford Meadows.
Glenn has been with Alexander Symonds for over 30 years. He has been involved with various key infrastructure projects including Adelaide Airport runways, Bass Strait Oil Rig Upgrades, the Port Stanvac mooring facility and the Adelaide Convention Centre redevelopment, as well as numerous rail and road corridors in SA and Victoria. In addition, he has vast experience in the application of relevant legislation for minor land division surveys regarding residential and commercial developments and is also involved in training surveying graduates to help foster young talent for Alexander Symonds and the broader surveying industry.
Glenn enjoys the outdoors, travel, gardening and renovating. In a past life, Glenn was a keen rock climber and rock climbing instructor.
- Management and Strategic Planning
- Project Management
- Large Scale Major Land Development
- Planning and Land Titling Processes
- Licensed Surveyor
- Land Development
Qualifications & awards:
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Surveying
- Graduate Diploma in Spatial Information Systems
- Licensed Surveyor
- South Australian Chamber of Mines and Energy
- Property Council of Australia
- Surveying and Spatial Sciences Institute SA
- Member of PCA Residential & Infill Dev Committee
- Member of SACOME Infrastructure Committee
- Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA)
- Treasurer of the UDIA (SA)
- Member of UDIA (SA) Executive Council
- Chair of the UDIA (SA) Infrastructure Committee
- Member of the UDIA (SA) Management Committee
- Member SSSI SA Legislative Rev. Comm.
- Treasurer - Childhood Cancer Association Board