Alexander Symonds team partnered with AEROmetrex to undertake combined aerial mapping and traditional ground-level surveys of the Torrens Road to River Torrens route.
Construction and Engineering Surveys
Topographic & Detail Surveys
Service Location and Mapping
The State Government’s Torrens Road to River Torrens Project will deliver a 3.7km, non-stop section of South Road between Torrensville and Croyden Park. A project of this magnitude requires the most accurate data possible, and presents a unique challenge from an access perspective with South Road being one of the busiest roads in the Adelaide metropolitan area.
- Highly congested road reduces access for on-ground survey methods.
- Tight turnaround and short deadlines for a large-scale infrastructure project.
- Comprehensive 3D model with exact precision required.
With safety, access and time constraints, the Alexander Symonds team partnered with AEROmetrex to mobilise several crews with short notice to undertake combined aerial mapping and traditional ground-level surveys of the route.
- Alexander Symonds partnered with AEROmetrex to deliver a unique solution.
- Cutting-edge technology combined with traditional methods of surveying.
- Fast turnaround times with innovative technology.
The combined team from Alexander Symonds and AEROmetrex obtained strictly accurate survey data, with quality control checks reinforcing the accuracy of the results. Aerial mapping of the route enabled the team to create a comprehensive 3D model of the route with minimal safety risks or interruption to traffic flow.
- Highly accurate results for a large-scale infrastructure project.
- Minimal disruption to traffic and safety risks reduced with aerial mapping.
- Price and timing deadlines were met and results obtained within 12 weeks.
Do you have an upcoming project that requires large-scale mapping and surveying?
Contact our expert team at Alexander Symonds for a free quote and site appraisal.Request a Free Quote