Alexander Symonds’ innovative and award-winning Geographic Information System (GIS) transformed SA Water’s project management of implementing the Tea Tree Gully Sustainable Sewers Program.
GIS & Spatial Analysis
The Tea Tree Gully Sustainable Sewers Program involves the transition of more than 4,700 households in Adelaide’s north-east to SA Water’s sewer network. SA Water was looking for ways to streamline complex communication pathways, improve manual processes and overall project management for this large-scale project.
- Complex project management tools required.
- Focus on reducing costs and increasing efficiency.
- Streamline communication between SA Water, contractors and customers.
Alexander Symonds provided an integrated GIS solution that linked surveying and service location to SA Water. We worked closely with SA Water to build an innovative online GIS web application to coordinate activity, manage technical challenges and provide a central database for property information.
- Coordinated single-point communication for all parties involved.
- An innovative way to plan and manage projects on a visual and spatial platform for ongoing use.
- Contractors can access up-to-date, relevant project information depending on their stage of involvement.
- Easily identify project constraints and make adjustments accordingly.
- On-site access to project information through mobile mapping platforms.
Armed with our GIS web app, SA Water continues to reap the project planning and management benefits for the ongoing Tea Tree Gully Sustainable Sewers Program. We continue to manage the GIS web app used by contractors and SA Water in the office and on-site delivering ongoing project efficiencies and coordination.
- Reduced project costs and increased efficiency.
- Fewer communication setbacks for field staff and customers.
- Removed the need for filing systems, complex data management and long spreadsheets.
- Enhanced project management and planning capabilities for large-scale projects.
- Alexander Symonds and SA Water are proud joint winners of the 2022 Asia-Pacific SA Spatial Excellence Award for Spatial Enablement for this collaborative project.
Want to upgrade your project management and planning?
Contact the team at Alexander Symonds to see how a GIS web app can help.Contact Us